DAY 1: NYAUNG SHWE – SAGAR VILLAGE – LOIKAW (-/-/-)
Our station guide will collect you from the hotel and set off a scenic boat trip to Sagar Village. Sagar Village has an assembly of ancient sunken stupas at the edge of the vast and picturesque Inle Lake between the Shan mountain ranges. The two hour boat ride along the river leading out of lake in the south is filled with fascinating old Nat shrines and isolated pagodas. Due to the lush colourful fields along the mountain slopes this trip is often referred to as a ride through the â€œwatery Tuscany of Myanmar.
The few remaining ancient pagodas although simple are incredibly beautiful. The valley is entirely given over to paddy cultivation and the slopes have long since been cleared of all large tree growth for hill crops. After you have visited the ruins, ancient monasteries and pagodas, the tour continues by boat onto Hpe Khone. Upon arrival a reliable driver will greet and escort you to your hotel in Loikaw for your overnight stay.
DAY 2: LOIKAW (B/-/-)
Breakfast will be served at hotel. After then it's time to discover the capital of Kayah State, Loikaw. This untouched area provides a fabulous moment in which to observe traditional ways of life, as well as the Kayah national races. The town is surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges, lakes and waterfalls, has the Pilu Stream flowing from the Inle Lake and is the home of the Padaung people.
Morning itinerary includes a visit to the famous religious landmark in Loikaw, the 100 years old Thirimingala Pagoda (Taunggwe Zadi). Next you are going to explore the impressive Kyet Cave, located 15 km east of Loikaw. Inside you will see the caveâ€™s mysterious coffins sprinkled around in various states of condition. There are many different stories and theories, though no general consensus, on why they are there.
In the afternoon the journey continues onto Padaung Village; Pan Pat. This village is known for its people wearing spiral copper rings around their necks, also referred to as â€œlong-necks. Take a walk around the village and experience what daily life is really like in the rural village. This tour offers a â€˜once in a life time opportunity to become lost in a culturally varied society. Next you will be taken back to Loikaw for an overnight stay in a hotel.
DAY 3: LOIKAW – PIN LAUNG – KALAW (B/-/-)
After a restful night's sleep and a delicious breakfast served at the hotel you are ready for your drive to Kalaw. The drive requires 5 hours, during which many compelling small towns and villages along the Shan rolling hills can be observed. A short stop to witness the bustling life of the local hill tribes at the Pin Laung's Market, a bite to eat and the journey continues onto Kalaw, along with a brief visit to a Buddha Shrine in the Myinmahti cave. This cave is 1080 ft. long ad houses many Buddha statues, both outside and inside. Once you arrive in Kalaw you will remain there for your overnight stay.
Our service includes:
- Accommodation at the hotels in double/ twin or single room occupancy including breakfast
- English-speaking station guide service
- Transportation for excursion and sightseeing by a private air-condition car with driver
- Boat excursion from Nyaung Shwe to Hpe Kone via Sagar Village
- Meals mentioned in program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Admission fees and zone fees for the visits mentioned in above program
- Mineral water and refreshment
Our Service does not include:
- International travel insurance
- International flight ticket arrangement
- Visa arrangements for Myanmar
- Drinks, personal expenses and tips at hotel, etc.
- Meals other than mentioned in program (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Any other services not mentioned in inclusions
- There is a hotel surcharge and some extra compulsory services for reservations in special times (New Year, Christmas, etc.).Any change of the itinerary or number of participants is subject to price change.
- For any modification of date or itinerary the prices can be revised.
- Usually room available only from 14:00 on the arrival date to 12:00 on the departure date. Depending on the hotels policy, the supplement will be added for early check-in or late check-out.
- The cost of the air tickets are subject to change without prior notice by the airlines.
- The schedules of domestic flights in Myanmar are provided as an indication only. Once a booking is confirmed we can provide more precise timings, but these remain nevertheless subject to change without notice by the airlines until travelling date. It might therefore in some cases be necessary to amend your program and itinerary due to such schedule changes. We thank you for your understanding.